Select “other” when choosing where to direct your donation, and specify Honduras Medical and Dental Team, Account 70-410-01.
We aim to improve the lives of disabled Honduran children by sharing Canadian resources and expertise with local professionals in Honduras.
- ACTION AND EFFICIENCY: 100% of the funds we raise go to medication and supplies for the children we help. We are about action, not administration.
- COMPREHENSIVE CARE: Our multidisciplinary team provides comprehensive care for the whole child.
- CONTINUITY: Our ongoing relationship with the town of Gracias, Lempira year after year facilitates understanding, continuity and connections with local health care professionals that allow us to plan and carry out our work efficiently.
- HELPING THE VULNERABLE: We serve especially underserved children: children with developmental disabilities and children in remote areas without access to regular health care.
- LOCAL PARTNERSHIPS: We have relationships with local community members to create affordable, locally resourced adaptive equipment to support children with disabilities in their environment and help stimulate local economic opportunities.
- SUSTAINABILITY AND ENDURING EFFECTS: Our collaboration with local health care professionals enhances skills and knowledge that will help them better serve the community in the future.
children treated directly during each visit
of children impacted by the treatment, training, and resources we supply
percent of donations fund treatment and supplies for treatment